VEGAN SMOOTHIE BOWLS FOR YOUR SOUL AND YOUR SKIN
- 4 August 2021
The thing that makes smoothie bowls an absolute favourite is that they are not only delicious, but also excellent for your health. As a brownie point, they are also super cute and photographable.
What’s more? Additional brownie points! First, smoothie bowls are very easy to make. So even if you don’t consider yourself a masterchef, you can feel like one after preparing this. Second, you will have your meal ready in minutes. These are very rush-hour friendly. Last but not the least, you can have it anytime during the day, as a meal or a snack. It is mainly a breakfast food, but it’s okay to not go by the rules.
There is no fixed recipe for these bowls. You can throw in whatever you want, as per your preference. As dynamic as they are, we will list down a few combinations for reference. All you have to do is pre-freeze your fruits. The more frozen they are, the thicker your smoothie will be. Don’t let them sit in the freezer for too long, though! When you are ready to eat, just grab a blender and get started.
RASPBERRY MANGO SMOOTHIE BOWL
How to make:
- Before you start, soak up your chia seeds. Soaked chia seeds become chewy and add thickness.
- Blend in your frozen mango and raspberries.
- Slowly start adding the coconut milk.
- You can add the honey now, or use it as a topping. Blend till the mixture is smooth.
- Take it out in a bowl and add your toppings. Line your chia seeds on one side and add coconut shavings with it to give a flaky texture.
- Raspberries contain Vitamin C, which is vital for collagen production. They help prevent and repair skin damage from the sun.
- Mango is full of mangiferin, which is an antioxidant that protects from cell damage. It also has Vitamin E. Both Vitamin E and C together are an amazing combo that helps in reducing signs of aging.
- Chia seeds protect the skin barrier and help fight free radicals. Their fiber and protein content strengthens hair roots and promotes growth.
- Honey is rich in antioxidants, and a spoonful can help maintain the glow and health of your skin. This bowl is a punch of Vitamins and antioxidants that will give you an instant glow.
ACAI SMOOTHIE BOWL
How to make:
- Blend in your acai berry powder/frozen acai berries, frozen banana, and strawberries.
- Add apple juice and blend more till smooth.
- Take it out in a bowl and add granola on top.This adds a crunch and makes the bowl taste even better.
- You can add thinly sliced, fresh strawberries or bananas on top.
- Acai berries work as an excellent detox for your body as well as your skin. They also provide anti-aging benefits.
- This topped up with vitamin C rich strawberries is just perfect. Strawberries are full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. They also have alpha-hydroxy acid that can help you get rid of dead skin cells.
A delicious bowl of berries and crunchy granola is a perfect start to your day. BFor someone who loves fruity cereals, this is a great alternative. Best breakfast food indeed.
GREEN SMOOTHIE BOWL
How to make:
- In your blender, add banana, spinach, mango and pineapple in this order. Blend till the mixture is creamy.
- Drizzle some honey on top.
- Garnish your smoothie bowl with sliced kiwi and crushed almonds.
- Spinach contains vitamins A, C, and K. They help in enhancing skins’ radiance. It heals scars and sun damage, and fortifies the skin barrier.
- Pineapple contains vitamin C and beta carotene. These help reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin texture.
- Kiwis contain lots of Vitamin C and E. It fights free-radical damage in many areas of the body.
- Almonds have innumerable benefits. They are rich in Vitamin E. They help in making your skin brighter and flushing out toxins.
The green smoothie is a great way to provide your body with nutrients. No wonder there was always an emphasis on eating our greens. Now we have a way to make it delicious as well.
CHOCOLATE BANANA SMOOTHIE BOWL
How to make:
- Blend your frozen banana, chocolate powder and almond milk together.
- Add peanut butter and blend again. You can add this as a topping as well.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Crush up your walnuts while your smoothie chills.
- Transfer the smoothie in a bowl. Top it with crushed walnuts and dark chocolate bits.
- Bananas help keep skin well-nourished and hydrated. They contain Potassium and Vitamin A. They restore skins’ moisture and smooth out the texture.
- Dark chocolate helps reduce dark spots and pigmentation. It improves blood circulation and keeps skin glowing and healthy.
- Walnuts have lots of vitamin B. They help protect skin against environmental aggressors such as UV rays, dirt, and pollution.They also prevent premature aging.
With almost the same ingredients and feel of a brownie, this smoothie is a favourite. Who can say no to chocolates? This bowl is the best guilt-free pleasure.
As mentioned before, smoothie bowls are very dynamic. You can experiment with your own combinations, depending on your taste and the availability of ingredients. Feel free to take inspiration from these, and whip up your own bowl! Share your own recipes and favourites with us in the comments below!